Monday, December 22, 2008

working by my LED solar light

I am up early in frigid KC and once again I am using my 12 volt LED light and I am typing away. No power from the big screw I mean power company being used. Of course I am using 110V for my laptop. My goal one day is to power my entire room by DC/AC power. Recently I read that a small roof top solar system would cost about $20,000 installed...yikes but I will try to save to do this...in the mean time I will try to do it on the cheap :)

I just bought a 1000 watt inverter for my power AC/DC power back up system. I wanted 2000 Watts but money made me compromise. I will use it to power or test power a pc in the office. we will see. I have a 60 amp hour battery and a 1 amp 17 watt solar panel to trickle charge the system and now the 1000 watt inverter. I will buy a nice regulator and put it all together. So my lights in the office and at least one computer will be working on full back up power. I will keep you posted.

No comments: