Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Working in the early morning with only 12 volt and 110 solar power

Yes it was one of those mornings and my eyes just popped open and away I went. I went into my office and I turned on my 12 volt light and also my 110 inverter light and my room was awash in very bright light. I say this because I often just use that light to work by. I will tell you that the inverter light is very bright but it does suck some juice. Unless you have a big battery, be prepared for a few hours of light. I will experiment and buy a much more powerful battery and gauge its performance. Bottom line...with 12 volt LED lights you can work a long time on a little battery but the light is not quite the same. On an inverter light, you can get as much light or more than your household light but only for so long. Bottom line is you have to balance your needs.

No comments: