Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Working while on my battery/solar/inverter system

Just to start, for the umpteenth time this morning, I walked into my office and turned on my solar /battery/inverter light and started to work away. I have done this for hours and hours and hours. My tractor battery tied into a 1 amp solar panel into a controller has stayed fairly well charged and my light comes on and lights most of my office. The light is brighter than the regular KCPL lights :)
In early blogs I wrote that I am building a 12 volt system (no inverter at all, no 110) I am going to retrofit an old lamp and feed my battery system up through the floor and have this lamp beside my bed. I will use it to read and also use it if the power goes out. Gauging my potential use, I would say my 7 amp hour battery will last a long time. So far I am having a blast with the system. I will keep you posted.

My next move is to put two or three panels together into a big battery and then try to light up most of my office at least three or four lights for hours a day. Just a thought.

Till next time

Joe

No comments: